Swansea Hard of Hearing Group was set up in November 2008 with support from
Action on Hearing Loss Cymru (formerly RNID Cymru)
The main aim is to provide mutual support to anyone with hearing loss. We arrange monthly
meetings and social outings as well as lip reading classes where we can:
- Meet and talk with other hard of hearing people
- Learn how to get the best from our hearing aids
- Gain confidence in everyday situations
- Make new friends with a common interest
- Learn about other support available
Monthly meetings are in the Discovery Room of Swansea Central Library on the first Friday of every month from 3.30 to 5.30. There is usually a speaker from a relevant organisation. Meetings are free and open to all.
Lip reading classes are also free, open to all and in the same venue – every Thursday during school term time from 1.15 to 3.15.
For general enquiries, contact the Secretary, Alison Parry 07974 120996 or email@example.com
Being hard of hearing can be very socially isolating and finding others
that have the same experiences is often helpful